When my husband and I discovered I was pregnant, we bought a car for more accessible transportation with a car seat for a baby.
While I was six months pregnant, my husband’s sister Anna offered us the chance to sell her used car. In anticipation of getting a new car, we bought a brand-new baby car seat.
She and her son were driving, so the car was in reasonable condition. The sister was willing to sell us the vehicle at an affordable price, provided only that her son would use it for a few weeks. This is until a replacement vehicle is purchased. She explained that her son’s employment was far away and that it was impossible to travel without a car. We accepted this condition since we have been waiting for the birth of a child for about three months.
We immediately paid the whole amount requested and waited for the car to be delivered by my sister’s son. The first week passed, then the second, third, and fourth, and we still had not received our vehicle. After a month, my husband contacted his sister and inquired when we might expect to receive the car.
According to Anna, they experienced some problems with getting their new vehicle since they could not obtain a car loan. As a result, they are asking us to wait a short period.
Anna apologized and continued to make promises to us. However, we were unsure what to do since the baby was about to be born, and we still did not have what we had paid for.
Although I do not wish to quarrel or clarify their relationship, I cannot wait and keep silent since they are still our relatives.
In these circumstances, what would be the most appropriate course of action? How can we avoid conflict and get what is rightfully ours?